HD Buttercup has spent decades traveling the world and forming relationships with furniture designers and manufacturers from Italy to Australia to Morocco and India directly to consumers at its one-stop home shopping destinations in Los Angeles, Costa Mesa, and online. We offer pieces for people who love creating soulful and meaningful spaces in their homes, we’re a place for curious spirits and rebellious hearts.
HD Buttercup is looking for an Accountant to join our team. The accountant will provide expertise in support of the company’s strategies and financial objectives. This includes the development of financial models, plans and forecasts, month-end variance reporting and analysis, recommendations on opportunities for improved profit and expense performance, and ad-hoc decision support analytics for the Distribution Center.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and guide accounting team and the Distribution Center leadership in the development of accurate and timely budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans
- Build strong cross-functional relationships to better influence decision making and course correction
- Participate in the preparation of financial presentations for Board meetings, monthly performance reports, and budget/forecast discussions
- Proactively analyze and evaluate the business. Propose opportunities for expense management and improvements. Monitor expenses to ensure company objectives are met.
- Coordinate Distribution Center corporate department planning process and help ensure expenses are in line with expectations
- Prepare month-end journal entries (accruals and reclasses) for both expenses and capital
- Assess and implement process improvement opportunities in the financial planning cycle
- Execute post game analysis for investments and test programs
- Conduct on-going financial benchmarking against competitors
- Create new analysis and reporting as needed to shed light on significant financial issues that impact profitability; provide relevant recommendations
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, ideally in Retail
- Solid understanding of corporate finance concepts, financial statements, and accounting principles
- Strong modeling and computer skills ; comfortable with multiple tools, programs and platforms, including Excel, Dynamics and Netsuite a plus
- Excellent communication skills; ability to summarize business results in a manner tailored to the audience
- Highly collaborative with good leadership skills; able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. Basic modeling and computer skills; comfortable with multiple tools, programs and platforms
- Highly curious and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment preferred
At HD Buttercup, we consider our employees to be our most valuable asset. You work hard to support our company goals and we want to reward you for your commitment and dedication. To enhance your overall compensation, we are pleased to offer distinctive employee programs, competitive benefits, and valuable resources to help you live your best life.
- Accommodating medical, dental, and vision care (up to 75% pay coverage)
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching
- Company paid life insurance coverage, plus additional group coverage
- Flexible Spending Account for health and childcare
- Paid time off
- Six paid holidays
- Employee discounts 30-50% off our products
- Referral bonus program