HD Buttercup is seeking for a Buyer to join our team! The Buyer will support the VP of Merchandising while providing information/communications to vendors, stores and management teams. Responsible for communication with all cross-functional teams. Ultimately, the Buyer manages the operational assignments that help support the overall company sales objectives including the maintenance of vender relationships, data integrity, and reporting.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line
- Perform the administrative and operational functions to support the buying team
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of a Purchase Order including entering POs, creating SKUs, entering transfers and maintaining any updates.
- Upload markdown and pricing into systems.
- Maintain damage log, request replacement parts with vendor, communicate with warehouse and inventory control. Ensure damage log is updated weekly.
- Communicate with accounting, warehouse, inventory management, and vendors to reconcile purchase order discrepancies and vendor invoice status.
- Update special order logs, master vendor files, catalogs and pricelists, and order fabric and finish samples.
- Work with vendors and stores to coordinate product trainings. Set up product knowledge and product preview files for stores.
- Liaise with Ecommerce and vendors to gather item descriptions, dimensions, and weights and request hi-res images. Monitor the daily upload of new product on company website.
- Set up assortment boards, prepare reports, and participate in discussion in meetings.
- Organize picture files for best seller reporting, picture POs, assortment boards, assortment sheets, ecommerce, and system uploads.
- Special projects as needed by VP of Merchandising.
- 3–5 years of buying experience minimum
- Experience in furniture industry a plus
- Grasp of retail math and inventory planning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Must be willing and available to travel