Sales Support Associate – Culver City
HD Buttercup has spent decades traveling the world and forming relationships with furniture designers and manufacturers from Italy to Australia to Morocco and India directly to consumers at its one-stop home shopping destinations in Los Angeles, Costa Mesa, and online. We offer pieces for people who love creating soulful and meaningful spaces in their homes, we’re a place for curious spirits and rebellious hearts.
The Sales Support Associate will drive both the Retail Store and overall organization's key performance indicators. The Sales Support Associate will be responsible for the operational duties of running the outlet store including opening/closing, ensuring store security, overseeing safety and assisting with escalated customer issues. Passionate about customer service, sales, furniture, and design, the Design Consultant will act as a guide and adviser in creating environments that reflect and complement the lifestyles and desires of Coco Republic's clients. This role will help the Sales team meet its goals by offering an extraordinary and one-of-a-kind customer focused store experience through exceptional service.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform basic customer service and operational duties--including by not limited to greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, and guiding sales--with the highest level of quality customer-focus
- Assist with maintaining showroom appearance for customers
- Maintain a Client Management Binder and manage open orders to exceed customer expectations and ensure satisfaction
- Maximize sales by growing existing business as well as forging and developing new business
- Secure and complete in-home design calls
- Ensure company standards are met for store and personal appearance at all times
- Organize and stock merchandise as necessary
- Promote effective relationships with peers, upper management, and the corporate through open and professional communication to keep informed on sales, promotions, and campaigns
- Support and enforce company policies and procedures; including but not limited to health and safety practices as well as standard store and personnel compliance
- Performing other duties as directed by supervisors.
- Assist in the absence of management with administrative work, closing and opening the store and processing customer service requests.
- Operate the cash register and prepare customer transactions and receipts efficiently. Totals price, tax, and shipping and handling charges accurately. Fully understands register functions, opening and closing procedures and can balance the cash registers at the end of each shift or as scheduled. Adheres to and verifies bank deposit process.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years retail experience, supervisory experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Strong leadership and communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for driving the customer service experience
- Knowledge of furniture industry a plus
- Dynamic work ethic including effective time management
- Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative or team setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook; POS experience required
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At HD Buttercup, we consider our employees to be our most valuable asset. You work hard to support our company goals and we want to reward you for your commitment and dedication. To enhance your overall compensation, we are pleased to offer distinctive employee programs, competitive benefits, and valuable resources to help you live your best life.
- Accommodating medical, dental, and vision care (up to 75% pay coverage)
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching
- Company paid life insurance coverage, plus additional group coverage
- Flexible Spending Account for health and childcare
- Paid time off
- Six paid holidays
- Employee discounts 30-50% off our products
- Referral bonus program